IMM Cologne kicked off the years design fairs in style! All the best and brightest new furniture staples made an appearance, getting us all excited for what's yet to come in 2019.
We visited the fair last week with anticipation, radars at the ready to find out what this year of furniture has in store for us and we were not disappointed!
Key trends at IMM Cologne 2019
- The reign of rattan - This fast growing natural material is fast becoming a firm favourite with furniture designers. And as an alternative to wood, rattan is environmentally friendly.
- From brass to black and everything in between, metal frames are everywhere and they aren't stopping at the upholstery. Exposed structure for backrests, armrests and legs are giving metal framed furniture an even more contemporary feel.
- Monotone - Does the frame match the fabric? Bold colours were making a splash all over the fair.
- Outdoor furniture - We know we're not the only ones looking forward to Spring this year and we found some new favourite outdoor pieces at IMM Cologne to get us ready for some fun in the sun!
- Contemporary office furniture - Power dressing is for more than just the team. Your place of business can be dressed up to the 9-5's with high backed swivel chairs and clever modular break out space benches.
- Chopstick legs - This quirky new trend gaining legs, is taking shape in all number of materials and picking up quite a following across the land of furniture design.