Wood, when taken good care of, can last an incredibly long time. A pliable material, able to be crafted in hundreds of ways and into a variety of objects throughout its lifetime, wood is the perfect example of a resource which can be given another life without harming the environment.
As it becomes more and more important that we protect our environment, people in design are coming up with increasingly innovative ways to reduce our impact on the planet. We'd like to share with you some beautiful table tops we've found made exclusively from reclaimed wood.
Browse our collection of reclaimed wood table tops here >>
In our showroom - Reclaimed wood tops
Knowing how best to select sustainable woods can seem like a minefield. Here are a few key points to look out for:
- FSC wood - The Forest Stewardship Council can trace where all certified wood is from. If a product is made from trees, check for this label to ensure it's sustainable.
- Pick an alternative - Bamboo and Rattan are a great alternative to wood as it's fast growing and easily replenished.
- Cork is another sustainable wood alternative as the harvesting process doesn't require the felling of any trees.
- Choose locally sourced - You can reduce your carbon emissions by choosing wood from somewhere near by.
- Recycled! - There are loads of beautiful options when it comes to recycling wood, here are a few of our favourites, made in the UK...